- A club can decide to provide funding for individual club members. This should be approved by the club and board by a vote (but is not required by the University Student Affairs office). Reimbursements would be made through the University Student Affairs office with a signature from the club's president and treasurer.
- A class can decide to provide funding for individual students to travel but it must be transparent and voted on by the class if the amount exceeds $250. Reimbursements would be made through University Student Affairs with a signature from the class' president and treasurer.
- Some colleges do have funding for certain students to travel. However, you must check with your Student Affairs Professional. Reimbursements would be made directly through your college.
- There is a budget for "student officer travel", but only for specific students. This is allocated/determined by the college. Reimbursements would be made through the University Student Affairs office with an approval from the Vice President for Enrollment Management & University Affairs.
Student Government Association (SGA)
- Any club, class, or individual can request funds from the SGA.
- Must fundraise funds
- Exhaust all other methods of funding
- Maximum of $200 per person and $600 per event
- If you know of other students in your program traveling to the same conference, work together to apply for funds
- Once you apply (and if your request is appropriate), you will be asked to present to the senate for 2 minutes for the purpose of your request.
- If your request is approved, reimbursements would be made through the University Student Affairs office with a signature from the SGA executive treasurer.
Information provided by Western University of Health Sciences University Student Affairs