- Be polite! Treat others with courtesy and respect.
- Silence your phones and do not take calls when at a talk.
- Do not take up all the chairs with your bags at a talk, especially if the room is crowded.
- Do not hog the microphone during presentation and panel Q&A sessions. Introduce yourself briefly and ask your question without rambling on with stories or opinions. Other audience members have questions too!
- If you know you will need to leave a talk early, try to get a seat ahead of time near the back of the room and take a seat on the end of the row. Wait for the speaker to pause in their talk, then take the opportunity to leave quietly.
- Have a 15 minutes elevator speech. This is a quick way to introduce yourself to someone and to give them an idea of who are you.
Even More Research Guides